The main goal of the project is to promote sustainable mobility and increase awareness for safety issues as well as contributing to the achievement of higher quality of living conditions.
The approach of SOL sees RS (Road-Safety) within the context of sustainable mobility, i.e. to make walking and cycling safe and to promote a model shift from the private car to public transport. SOL unites some of the most competent RS organizations from CEUS and worldwide, among them the Global Road Safety Patnership (GRPS). The multi-sector partners from eight countries of CEUS have jointly developed a strategy that supports the region in catching up with highest EU standards in RS through
- Assessment of the problem, policies and institutional settings relating to RS and the capacity for road injury prevention;
- strengthen institutions and create effective horizontal and vertical multi-sector partnerships;
- preparation of regional/local strategies and action plans and allocate endogenous resources to address the problem;
- implementation of specific actions to prevent road traffic crashes, minimize injuries and their consequences;
- creation a greater level of awareness, commitment and informed decision-making at all levels;
- development replicable tools for CEUS and the EU;
- Put RS policies in the context of promoting sustainable forms of mobility.
The tenth edition of the SOL eMagazine is now available. This issue provides you with information about the Final Conference that will take place on the 27th of May 2013 in Brussels, last statistics on road safety data published 2012 by the European Commission and on a research on people who drive for work and their accidents risk.
| read more