Gyor is one of Hungary’s most dynamically developing cities with more than 130.000 inhabitants.
It is a mellow and colorful town with a vibrant cultural and university life.
Gyor is situated in the centre of the Vienna-Budapest-Bratislava triangle.
The radial road network of the settlement connects Slovakia from the north, Austria from the west, Lake Balaton from the south and Budapest from the east to the town. The relatively new Gyor-Pér airport makes the town accessible by air as well.
Gyor has always been an important city of education. In 1968 the Transportation and Telecommunications Faculty of Technical Sciences was established. It possesses a very significant economic potential by its international industrial park, the Audi, the Philips and other well known factories.
Gyor is a constantly changing, developing and growing city where the municipality plans the directions of the future, the realization of new economic, cultural, environmental, traffic and tourism models by involving the entire population.
The following main actions will be implemented within the frame of the SOL - Save Our Lives Project:
- Establishment of multi-stakeholder road safety networks
- Setting up / strengthening road safety management structure
- Entire situational and institutional assessment
- Development of road safety programme and community strategy
- Development of road safety action plan with interventions on top priority issues
- Developing specific campaigning material for the pilot area
- Implementation of the road safety action plan
- Road Safety public education campaigns on speed, safe routes to school and sustainable mobility
- Plans for continuation of RS measures in each pilot area
The tenth edition of the SOL eMagazine is now available. This issue provides you with information about the Final Conference that will take place on the 27th of May 2013 in Brussels, last statistics on road safety data published 2012 by the European Commission and on a research on people who drive for work and their accidents risk.
| read more