Pilot Action Slovenia
Representatives of the SOL pilot areas AMD Tolmin, AMD Kočevje and AMD MTT Maribor will organize the meeting in December 2010 with the Mayor or municipality Tolmin, municipality of Kočevje and municipality Maribor. The purpose of the meetings is to present the project and invite the municipality, to be included in the project, to support the project, to sign the document of support and include some of the project activities in the municipal programme of work, or financial support to the AMD.
AMD will in the pilot areas participate in the project in the following way:
- Formation a working group: up to 26. November 2010, they will inform AMZS about the three members of the working group.
- They will be included in the preparation of training modules and activities to prepare and realize the practical test, which is part of the project
- They will connected as many of the local stakeholders in the preparation and implementation of family hours
- in the fall of 2011, when the AMZ is hosting a meeting of the project partners, they will participate at the meeting and participate at the presentation of the case of "good practice" in Slovenia
- AMD will issue an invoice for the participation with professinal services in the project
Target groups, with which we deal in the pilot implementation of at risk groups of road users (young drivers and seniors)
a) Inclusion of the municipality of Tolmin, Maribor and Kočevje, SPV, and other important actors in the municipality in the preparation and implementation of pilot activities.
b) Preparation of the programme, activities of each partner (school, Red Cross, Turistic information centre, etc)
c) Realization of the training for the joint campaign – upgraded Family hour
d) Test.-pilot implementation of the Family and the transfer of the practice in other AMD
e) PR and promotion — all activities will be supported by the media – mainly municipal newsletters, cable TV, local radio, as well as by informing the key users/target groups (with leaflets, posters, animation promo material, etc)
Communication between AMD and AMZS is via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org , personal and telephone contact
Activities “Family hour”
AMZS is strongly involved in public policy and the public interest through its activities in various fields of road safety. AMZS has to follow people through the different stages in their lives, listen to their needs, offer help and ensure a higher level of road safety. Mobility is important throughout the whole life of the individual.
In the project Save Our Lives – SOL we have chosen three pilot areas – Community of Tolmin, Community of Maribor, Community of Kočevje and through the project we will provide activities which meet needs of following groups:
- preschool children
- primary school children
- students (young drivers)
- middle age (experienced drivers)
- preschool children
- older people.
We will focus on young drivers and seniors.
AMZS starts its work at the beginning of life. Each newborn baby should be driven away from the maternity hospital in safe and properly installed child seat.
- assistance in renting child seats,
- help in selection,
- informing the public about the proper use of air-conditioning in cars (especially when children are in the car),
- consulting and providing information about choosing the proper car (different safety devices, the possibility of turning off the front passenger airbag, ISOFIX, etc.).
Primary school children
We try to direct their motivation and attention in learning how to live a safe and responsible life in traffic. Besides safety, we add the importance of a person's responsibility to others, the surroundings, and nature.
Project activities for youngsters:
- Educational program for primary school cyclist
Students, young drivers
First they have to gain driving knowledge and then a driving   license.
- Lessons for scooter drivers
- Lessons for motorbike riders
- Lessons for car drivers
- Membership program
Traditionally, we say that in one& lsquo s & ldquo mid-life period& rdquo our members especially appreciate rationality, safety, faultlessness, reliability, speed, responsibility and rapid solution of problems.
We should not only think about cars and motorbikes but we should see member& rsquo s needs and wants from a broader perspective. We can easily say that we should solve problems which are connected to mobility itself.
Families with kids
Families with kids should put road safety in their highest priority. But that is often just a wish. Especially low level of knowledge of safety issues and often careless behavior of parents is reason to devote more attention to them. Perhaps some parents will listen and remember more, if their children point out safety mistakes. Our goal is to rise the awareness of safety issues in families with kids. Kids love events and they learn while they are playing. We want to meet the whole family, be a real partner and offer services for all family members.
The golden years
- The number of people who successfully drive cars in their golden years is  increasing and in the future this group of drivers will be one of the most important groups of consumers.
- This is also reflected in automotive needs and services.
- The needs and wishes of such drivers are often only partly different and do not need special or completely different services.
- The first steps in this direction are to adapt safety driving programs and special events where new technical issues are presented for older drivers.
Family Hour brings information about our customized services to all visitors.
- As interesting and important contribution regarding safety and mobility issue is also the AMZS Family hour, which is very direct and widespread.
- Each year we visit at least eight larger Slovenian cities. The AMZS Family hour provides precise insight into the level of knowledge and awareness of parents we can see what and how much they can do by themselves to increase the safety of their children.
- Family Hour is promoted in our Motorevija and in local media.
> Click on the picture to enlarge
The tenth edition of the SOL eMagazine is now available. This issue provides you with information about the Final Conference that will take place on the 27th of May 2013 in Brussels, last statistics on road safety data published 2012 by the European Commission and on a research on people who drive for work and their accidents risk.
| read more